[Namron] Medieval Fair group hosting dance seminar

Eckart, Ann M. via Namron namron at lists.ansteorra.org
Thu Jul 14 10:48:29 PDT 2016

Thought you might be interested:
The Arthurian Order of Avalon (AOA) is hosting a Dance Guild Open Seminar this Saturday in Norman.  Details are below or you can find the Facebook event at https://www.facebook.com/events/1716750471876025/
[cid:image001.jpg at 01D1DDCD.3387B160]
Dance Guild Open Seminar
Saturday July 16, 2016, 11:00 a.m. until finished or 7:00 p.m. at the latest
West Wind Unitarian Universalist Congregation, 1309 W Boyd St., Norman, OK 73069
The AOA Dance Guild is having an open seminar on July 16th at Westwind Unitarian Church, located at 1309 W Boyd St in Norman, starting at 11 o'clock. We will have a guest teacher, Kacie Webster, who is bringing us new dances (or at least ones we haven't done in a while). It is an open seminar, meaning that members from SCA, Fair Court, and whoever else is interested in learning medieval dances are welcome to attend.
The following is our intended schedule, with no set times so this way people can learn at their own pace. There will be a Facebook event page, which along with the Dance Guild Facebook page, will be updated each time we start a new dance so that people can come and go as needed. The dances do progress from easier to harder.
Andro Retourne (line dance)
Official Bransle (a.k.a. Toss the Wench, no actual tossing)
Montarde Bransle
Charlotte Bransle
Siamse Bierte (Irish couple's dance)
Maid peeped out the window
-BREAK!-
Review of Dances So Far
Juice of Barley (English country dance)
Female Sailor (English country dance)
Line Bouree (French country line dance)
Troika (Russian dance)
Zemer Atik (Israeli dance)

For those who wear skirts, it is recommended you wear a long skirt, but full-garb is not required, especially layers, due to the high-activity of this seminar and not wanting anyone to overheat.

We hope to see you there! - Hosted by Mark McCarthy and Rebecca Horner for AOA

Ann Marie Eckart
Medieval Fair Coordinator
OU Outreach, CEAP-Continuing Education Academic Programs
Phone 405-325-8610     Fax 405-325-0860  ameckart at ou.edu
www.medievalfair.org

Igniting the spark of curiosity that leads to lifelong learning through educational entertainment.
The 41st Annual Medieval Fair of Norman is scheduled for March 31st, April 1st and 2nd, 2017.
(Poster artwork and Performer proposals are due October 15th .  ALL vendor applications are due December 1st.)