[Namron] Upcoming Week's Reminders

Seneschal of Namron seneschal at namron.ansteorra.org
Mon Apr 2 10:07:03 PDT 2018

Happy Monday Namron! This is a busy week in the barony with a lot of good
opportunities to get involved! Some reminders…

   - April’s baronial populace meeting will be at Reeves Park in Norman to
   help set up the SCA area at Med Fair. The SCA area is in the northeast
   corner of the park and we are meeting at 6pm.
   - Med Fair is this coming Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Be on the lookout
   for posts about trailer loading and set up. Donations are still needed for
   water bearing and the hospitality tent.
   - The hospitality tent is looking for donations of pickles, pretzels,
      olives, pineapples and orange Gatorade.
      - Here is the link for the sign-up for items still needed for the
      hospitality tent. https://www.perfectpotluck.com/DQBK4515
   - Bids for Tavern at Beltane are due this coming Thursday April 5th.
   - Bids are due to financial committee by the April populace meeting
      (April 5th). Submit bids to the following email addresses.
         - baron AT namron DOT ansteorra DOT org
         - baroness AT namron DOT ansteorra DOT org
         - seneschal AT namron DOT ansteorra DOT org
         - treasurer AT namron DOT ansteorra DOT org
      - We are looking for bids that includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner
      on Saturday.
      - Beltane will take place May 4-6th at Camp Dakani in Oklahoma City.
      There will not be a kitchen or kitchenette available, but there is water,
      electricity, and a large grill.
      - Preference will be given to a tavern that benefits the Barony, then
      another official SCA group (another barony, canton, etc.), then
anyone else.
      - We are limiting the event to one tavern food vendor, but the
      financial committee may consider a bake-sale type fundraiser if requested.
      - Please see the attached example of what needs to be included in the
      bid. Don't forget to include things such as paper goods and propane. You
      are also welcome to include recipes or any additional information that
      might help your bid stand out.
   - Applications for Namron’s 2 at-large financial committee positions are
   due this coming Thursday April 5th.
   - We are adding 2 positions to the financial committee and signature
      card. If you are interested, please fill out the Kingdom officer
      application (marking the office applied for as “Namron Financial
Committee
      At-Large”) and turn it into the financial committee by April 5,
2018. This
      is a good way to see how the financial side works if you are potentially
      interested in being treasurer in the future. The length is to be
determined.
         -  http://seneschal.ansteorra.org/forms/ApplicationJan08.pdf
      -  Requirements for the Position:
         -  Must be a paid member with Blackstar access.
         -  Can’t be related to another signatory.
         -  Must take the warranting class (will likely be in Norman or
         OKC).
         -  Be willing to be a signatory on the checks.
         -  Attend financial committee meeting twice a month (pop and
         - business meetings).
      -  Send applications to the financial committee.
         - treasurer at namron.ansteorra.org
         - seneschal at namron.ansteorra.org
         - baron at namron.ansteorra.org
         - baroness at namron.ansteorra.org

If you have questions on any of these things, please let me know!

YIS,
Lady Uliana