[Namron] Newcomer Day Volunteers

Seneschal of Namron seneschal at namron.ansteorra.org
Sat Apr 21 20:04:08 PDT 2018

Newcomer’s Day is April 28th from 3 pm to 11 pm at Their Excellencies’
home. It is a chance for newcomers to experience an event-like atmosphere
with everything including our marshalled activities (chivalric fighting,
archery, thrown weapons and maybe rapier), siege demonstrations,  the arts
and sciences, an explanatory court, feast and bardic.

This day is not as much of a day to just hang out with our friends, but is
geared towards our newcomers. Existing SCA members are invited to come help
with different aspects - including gate, help with water bearing, arts and
sciences (preferably hands-on demonstrations), and marshalled activities.

The Barony is excited to include a feast as part of the day.  For those
existing SCA members that would like to join in on the feast portion, we
are asking for donations (suggested $7) to help cover the cost of feast (if
they are able and willing). We will have donation jars at gate (check-in)
and feast. If you are planning on joining us for feast, please RSVP by
Thursday to hospitaler at namron.ansteorra.org.

Please let myself (seneschal at namron.ansteorra.org) or Kolfinna (
hospitaler at namron.ansteorra.org) know if there is a specific area you would
like to help with!