[Namron] Medieval Fair Planning Meeting Notes

Kirsten Pupek dnk_p at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 23 13:16:27 PST 2018

Hello all!
We had a great first Medieval Fair planning meeting tonight. I wanted to post a list of those positions we have filled and those that we are still looking to fill.

Filled positions:
Combat archery tent coordinator - Donnchadh Beag Mac Griogair<https://www.facebook.com/donnchadh.beag.macgriogair?fref=gs&dti=93652129248&hc_location=group> is manning the tent, but he could use volunteers to help him. Jake volunteered to help.

Children's fighting coordinator - Angela Gunther<https://www.facebook.com/angela.gunther?fref=gs&dti=93652129248&hc_location=group> is manning the tent. Please bring your kids to fight!

Drumming and dancing tent coordinator - Lesia Randolph King<https://www.facebook.com/lesia.r.king?fref=gs&dti=93652129248&hc_location=group> is coordinating on Saturday, and Kara Hoyle<https://www.facebook.com/ninjamonkeyoverlord?fref=gs&dti=93652129248&hc_location=group> is coordinating on Friday and Sunday.

Waterbearing coordinator - Sibylla Von Brugh<https://www.facebook.com/sibylla.vonbrugh?fref=gs&dti=93652129248&hc_location=group> is coordinating, but she will need volunteers to help her.

Siege Engine Garden coordinator and Baronial Guard coordinator - Wolfgang von Sachsenhausen<https://www.facebook.com/wolfgang.vonsachsenhausen.1?fref=gs&dti=93652129248&hc_location=group> will coordinate, but he needs guard and engineers to volunteer to help.

Land coordinator - Donnchadh Beag Mac Griogair<https://www.facebook.com/donnchadh.beag.macgriogair?fref=gs&dti=93652129248&hc_location=group>

A and S tent coordinator - Cindy Alvis<https://www.facebook.com/cindy.alvis.3?fref=gs&dti=93652129248&hc_location=group> will coordinate on Friday, Michelle Collins<https://www.facebook.com/michelle.collins.184881?fref=gs&dti=93652129248&hc_location=group> will coordinate on Saturday, and Kayleigh Metz<https://www.facebook.com/kayleigh.ward.5?fref=gs&dti=93652129248&hc_location=group> will coordinate on Sunday.

Children's activities coordinator - Amanda Schaefer<https://www.facebook.com/amanda.m.schaefer?fref=gs&dti=93652129248&hc_location=group> will coordinate, but she will need volunteers to help her.

Information booth coordinator - Kayleigh Metz<https://www.facebook.com/kayleigh.ward.5?fref=gs&dti=93652129248&hc_location=group> will coordinate, but she will need people to volunteer to man the booth.

Crash space coordinator - Kayleigh Metz<https://www.facebook.com/kayleigh.ward.5?fref=gs&dti=93652129248&hc_location=group> will coordinate, but she will need people to volunteer to crash space.

List field coordinator - Kitty O'Neal<https://www.facebook.com/kmonealis?fref=gs&dti=93652129248&hc_location=group> will coordinate list field activities. Please get with her if you need time on the list field.

Advertising coordinator - Angela Katherine Sanders<https://www.facebook.com/angela.k.sanders?fref=gs&dti=93652129248&hc_location=group> will create the ads for the Blackstar.

Bardic activities coordinator - Bethany Rowlings<https://www.facebook.com/bethrow?fref=gs&dti=93652129248&hc_location=group> will coordinate bardic activities.

Site maintenance coordinator - Dietrich from Haldtre will coordinate site maintenance.

Honey Guild coordinator - Darren Mize<https://www.facebook.com/wilhelm.meis?fref=gs&dti=93652129248&hc_location=group> will coordinate.

Positions we need to fill:

Hospitality tent coordinator - will feed the SCA workers. A few restrictions have been placed on this position this year. We will only be accepting store bought donations of items like meat, cheese, and bread for sandwiches; chips, fruit, and cookies. We need someone to coordinate donations of food and put together sandwiches, etc.

Website coordinator - will create a website for the event.

Set up and Tear Down Coordinator - will coordinate fair set up and tear down.

Other items that I need to address:

Format - the layout will be similar to last year. I will be working with their excellencies to finalize something and get a new map out.

Prizes for volunteers - we would like to do this again so if people have items to donate, it would be much appreciated.

Cooking display - we would like to ask people to donate period recipes and period spices for the display.

After party - the after party will be held at TE house again. The address is 4200 W Franklin. Bring food for the grill, sides, and drinks.

Medieval games - please bring games for the medieval games tent.

Viking tents - Cynthia Teague<https://www.facebook.com/cynthia.teague?fref=gs&dti=93652129248&hc_location=group> will bring her tent. Jennifer Stoops-Mullins<https://www.facebook.com/jennifer.stoops.391?fref=gs&dti=93652129248&hc_location=group> are you able to bring yours this year?

Static display - Debbie Harper Mayle<https://www.facebook.com/debbie.harpermayle?fref=gs&dti=93652129248&hc_location=group> will bring her tent again this year.

YIS,
HE Caterina and Lady Rebekah
Medieval Fair Autocrats