[Namron] Namron Arts and Sciences Class (Virtual) - Basic Basket Weaving - Reminder

Baroness of Namron baroness at namron.ansteorra.org
Mon Jul 27 19:30:21 PDT 2020

I am getting excited - we are a week away from my class on basic basket
weaving! It is next Monday August 3rd at 8pm on Zoom. I think I have
contacted everyone that let me know they wanted a kit. If I missed you, I
am sorry and please let me know!  I still have some kits available for
porch pickup in southeast Norman.

In case you are using your own materials:
We will be using #3 (2.25 mm) round basket reed for this project (both
baskets). If you have your own supplies, you will need about 100-feet of
one color or 65-feet of a main color and 35-feet of an accent color. The
tall basket uses a 4" diameter base with eleven evenly spaced holes that
measure between 3 and 3.5 mm. The tall basket also has the option to add
eleven decorative beads that will need a minimum of 3.5 mm hole in them -
the kit came with plastic pony beads for reference.

The materials originally came from basketweaving.com. That website has a
lot of great supplies for basket making, including several different basket
kits, handles and dyed reed. It doesn't look like our local craft stores
have basket making supplies. The reed is available on Amazon, but you get a
lot (about 7 times what we need for the class). The kit for the basket we
are making is also on Amazon, but it is in a class/camp set so you get 20
kits for $50. "Camp Basket Kit (Makes 20 Baskets)"

Another option:
If you don't already have supplies and can't get a kit - I will be making a
short video about how to make "reed" from newspaper or magazines. While the
baskets made from the paper "reed" will look a little different, it will
give you an idea of how weaving works and if it is something you might
enjoy! If you would like a copy of this video and are not on Facebook,
please let me know and I will send it to you.

Please see the Facebook event for more information and let me know if you
have any questions.
https://www.facebook.com/events/618119135491293/?active_tab=discussion

-Baronowa Uliana

--