[Namron] Upcoming Largesse Making Opportunities

Baroness of Namron baroness at namron.ansteorra.org
Thu Aug 26 15:35:09 PDT 2021

*Greetings Largesse Makers, Artisans, and Craftspeople!*

Sharpen those saw blades, fire up that torch, or thread that sewing
machine! There are a lot of great opportunities coming up to contribute
gifts and largesse.

What is largesse you might ask? Largesse is a token or gift - it can be a
wide range of items and is given for all sorts of reasons. If you need
ideas, check out the “Largesse Makers,” “Largess Kids,” and “SCA Largesse”
groups on Facebook. Remember to keep it portable and non-perishable. Please
be sure to include a card with your name and potential allergens with your
largesse so that the recipients know who made it!

I may have missed some, but here are several upcoming opportunities. *Also
remember, both the Barony and the Canton of Skorragardr are seeking
contributions for champion prize baskets as well.* Please reach out to me
if you are interested in contributing to champion prize baskets and I will
point you in the right direction.

Let me know if you have any questions or want to contribute items, but need
help coming up with ideas!

-Baronowa Uliana

*Barony of Raven's Fort Defender and Investiture*

September 17-19 in Livingston, TX

Raven's Fort's Defender of the Fort and Baronial Investiture of HL
Jean-Michel and HL Marie de Meaux is fast approaching. As part of event's
activities, there will be a Largess Derby benefitting both Their Royal
Highnesses, Floki and Elizabeth, and Ravens Fort's new Baron and Baroness,
Jean-Michel and Marie. The details are as follows:

·         Minimum of six same/similar items

·         Populace will vote for their favorites

·         Entries will be split between Their Royal Highnesses and Their
Excellencies

·         Set up from 10A to 12P

·         Populace votes from 12P to 1P

·         There will be a prize basket for the winner.

*Coronation/War College/Rosenfeld 30th Anniversary*

September 24-26 in Hawkins, TX

·         Largesse Derby for Their Royal Highnesses!

·         The number is 6!

*Namron Protectorate*

October 22-24

·         We will be hosting a Largess Tourney in support of the new
Principality! We ask all who enter to bring 7 pieces of largess to donate
to the Principality! The winner (by populous vote) will receive one of each
item while the other 6 of each will go to the new Prince and Princess of
Vindheim. We ask these items be hand held, and that each has your name and
note of the item's purpose. Baroness Kyna will be running this, so if you
have any direct questions, please contact her!

*War of the Rams*

November 18-21 in Colmesneil, TX

   - Namron (as well as other baronies) is putting together a group basket
   of largesse to give Their Highnesses (they will then be Their Majesties) at
   BAM/War of the Rams.  They are asking for contributions of “ten
   similar/same items”. Feel free to team up with others to make 10 items. I
   would like to have the items in hand by Friday November 12th to get them
   packaged up. We can also arrange an earlier time for me to pick things up.

--
Baronowa Uliana Haiduk
Baroness of Namron, Lady of Skorragardr