[Namron] December Populace

Baroness of Namron baroness at namron.ansteorra.org
Tue Dec 13 07:40:39 PST 2022

Namron, you amaze! We had a wonderful time at last night's December
Populace Meeting, Presentation Court, and Potluck Feast! Seeing so many of
you there, hearing your stories and ideas, and observing all of the little
ways that you help each other and the Barony was so energizing and
inspiring for us. It was wonderful to see people from all over the Barony
and Canton!

Her Serene Highness Caterina honored us with her presence and
participation. It is always fun to have royals in attendance at the
Populace Meeting, but especially so when they're one of our own members! We
opted to do a low-key procession to start the evening's festivities, and
the procession heralds did not disappoint with their introductions. Thank
you to William for serving as Ceremonial StormGuard. He is working with us
to develop that opportunity for all who are interested.

Several newcomers were in attendance, and we were visited by curious
library patrons. We saw much 'hospitalling' happening; well done, one and
all! We hope that all of our guests will return for future activities!

We had another special visitor last night: the Man in Red, who had treats
and toys for our youngest populace members. Thank you to Aonghas and
Annabelle for coordinating that!

Some special moments for us were during the Presentation Court. Several
generous (and shenanigous) gifts were made to the Barony. Our Youth Titled
Artisan, Losanetta, stunned us by creating beautiful braided cord on site!
We heard much Wordfame regarding the impressive deeds and accomplishments
of our populace. And we were treated to a piratical performance by The
Bearded Barons, Eadwulf and Donnchadh.

It was a joy to present the Torsade of Namron to Koke Gan last evening.
Koke has served Namron in numerous ways, including running A&S
competitions, serving as entourage, and doing a fantastic job as
Webminister for the past two years.

Special thanks to Sævarr who, on short notice, stepped in as Stunt Herald
for the evening and did an outstanding job! We are also grateful to Salty
Duck Entourage and others for checking on Her Highness and us throughout
the evening, and for helping manage the gift exchange. And thank you to
everyone who brought such delicious food to share! Everything was SO good!
The gentles who tackled cleanup were swift and fabulous. Thank you!

We were pleased to present gifts of our own to the populace last night. We
made tealight holders so that you can bring a little of the light and
warmth of Namron into your home even on the bleakest days of winter.

We are certainly leaving out many other wonderful happenings due to lack of
memory space, not lack of appreciation. And try as we might to greet
everyone individually, there just wasn't enough time. Thank you to all of
you for an enjoyable evening! We tried some new things again; some worked
out better than others. Do let us know if you have suggestions for future
meetings!

Please plan to attend the January Populace meeting. Our theme will be
"Argent et Or," and we will highlight some history of Namron then look to
the future and discuss plans for 2023.

Take care as you travel and celebrate this month!

With Warmest Regards,
Baron Yancy and Hersirkona Kolfinna