[Namron] December Populace Meeting & Presentation Court

Baroness of Namron baroness at namron.ansteorra.org
Mon Nov 14 16:07:13 PST 2022

To the Beloved Populace of Namron, we send greetings!

Snow is falling as these words form on the page, and the feeling of winter
is upon us. With that, we plan ahead for our December Populace Meeting.

A few mix-ups happened with the library, but working together, they were
finally resolved. It does mean that we will not meet on the first Thursday
of the month, but since Business Meeting is canceled for December, we hope
this change in date will not cause too much difficulty for attendance.

The December Populace Meeting will be held on December 12, from 6:30- 8:30
pm, at the Norman Central Library, 103 W. Acres St, in the Oklahoma Redbud
Room on the 3rd floor. The lights should be twinkling in Andrews Park by
then, providing a festive backdrop.

Please bring a dish to share with your fellow Namronians, as we will enjoy
our traditional potluck feast. We encourage you to bring your own feast
gear, if possible, to minimize the accumulation of trash.

We will host an optional gift exchange. If you would like to participate,
please bring a wrapped gift that is relevant to the SCA. Each gift will be
assigned one of a pair of numbers. At the time of the exchange, both
individuals with the number "one" will exchange, both with number "two"
will exchange, ad infinitum or until all gifts have been exchanged.

In the spirit of Estovers, we will have a gift for each of you. We will
even explain what "Estovers" is, in case you don't have time (or forget) to
Google it.

We will open a Presentation Court during the meeting. This is an open-court
format where populace members may approach the thrones without being
called, to present gifts to the Barony, offer Word Fame for a populace
member, or perhaps to share a song or poem with the populace. Please be
courteous to others with your use of this time. We will post a Baronial
Wish List soon with some simple needed items, should any of you have time
during this busy season. IOUs will also be accepted :-)

Do dress in your finest garb and bring the most hopeful, peaceful, and
joyous spirit that you can while we wish you well for the coming year.

In Service to the Dream,

Baron Yancy and Hersirkona Kolfinna