[Namron] Newcomers Extravaganza Populace Meeting

Baroness of Namron baroness at namron.ansteorra.org
Mon Apr 3 11:34:40 PDT 2023

Greetings from Baron Yancy and Hersirkona Kolfinna!

If you just met the SCA at the Medieval Fair in Norman this weekend, we
welcome you!! Our group holds a monthly meeting for the populace; we share
information about our regular activities and upcoming events, as well as
taking some time to socialize. The April meeting will be held this
Thursday, with opportunities for you to explore different aspects of the
SCA with a much smaller crowd than at the fair! Please come out and ask
questions, meet people, and find upcoming activities that interest you.
Medieval clothing is not required and there is no fee required to
participate.

For our current populace members, please arrive any time after 3:00 pm to
help set up. Baronial Marshals, please bring loaner equipment and host
introduction practices and try-it sessions for newcomers. If you are unable
to attend, or will arrive later due personal schedules, see if a deputy or
other authorized Marshal is available. Artisans are encouraged to bring
hands-on activities for prospective members to try.

We will begin at 5:00 pm, with activities until 7. At that time, we will
open the meeting, with lots of explanations about what we do.

All attendees, feel free to bring something to eat during the evening. You
will also need a refillable mug for water, and a folding camp chair or the
like if you have one.

We look forward to seeing you all on Thursday! The meeting will be held at
Sir Eadwulf and Mistress Kyna's property, located at 4200 E. Franklin Rd.,
Norman.