[Namron] Medieval Fair Demo

Baroness of Namron baroness at namron.ansteorra.org
Mon Apr 3 13:04:07 PDT 2023

We are exhausted, but bubbling over with excitement after this weekend's
Medieval Fair Demo. With so many volunteers, it would be absolutely certain
that we would miss someone if listing you all by name. Know that we deeply
appreciate and value every moment that you contributed to the success of
the demo! Please forgive us of any omissions; they are unintentional, and
feel free to add Wordfame in the comments!

To our Demo Coordinators, the Honorable Lord Darian and the Honorable Lady
Halldóra…wow. We had a few bumps along the way, but the two of you came
together and worked seamlessly to keep things running smoothly throughout
the weekend. Your responsiveness to concerns, your swift decisions,
communication with us and with each other, and attentiveness to your
volunteers was exceptional. Thank you!

Thank you to Her Serene Highness Caterina for your dedication to the demo
this weekend and for your truly regal representation of Vindheim.

To our cousins from the Barony of Wiesenfeuer, your support and
participation each year elevates this demo from good to great, and we thank
you from the bottom of our hearts. We couldn't do this without you.

To our cousins from the Barony of the Steppes, it was such a delight to
bear witness to your return. For those who don't know, it was a group from
the Steppes who first attended the Medieval Fair in 1977, inspiring a local
few to create the Shire of Namron, which became the Barony we know and love
in 1979. You were an invaluable part of the demo this year, and we warmly
welcome you to return at your pleasure.

Representatives of the Canton of Skorragardr, the Shire of Brad Leah, the
Incipient Riding of Marata, the Province of Mooneschadowe, the Barony of
Eldern Hills, the Barony of Elfsea, the Free Company of Tulsa, Wolfstar,
Rolling Thunder, Patrin Or, and other groups whose names we may be
forgetting (or don't know how to spell), thank you so much for attending
and contributing so greatly!

This year, we were overwhelmed by the quality of conversations you had with
fairgoers. You all were wonderful at assessing interest levels and
providing relevant information, introducing fairgoers to people in their
areas of interest, and creating genuine personal connections. With visitors
from a multitude of states, you truly represented Ansteorra as a shining
star in the SCA.

We would like to specifically mention two roles that are traditionally run
ragged at the fair. Waterbearing and hospitality were essential to the good
health of our volunteers and you were tenacious in your insistence that we
all eat and stay hydrated. Armored Combat and Rapier Marshals, your efforts
are at the core of this demo, where fairgoers want to see fighting from
opening to closing. Thank you for the scores of hours that you contributed.

And finally, thank you to everyone who responded so promptly to safety
issues throughout the weekend, not just related to weather, but to
individual health, and equipment. You mitigated damages and injuries that
could certainly have been far worse.

We eagerly look forward to next year's demo. One of our goals as Landed
Nobility is to put together a Best Practices document for the Medieval Fair
Demo, and post it on the Namron website for use by future Coordinators.
Please share your feedback and suggestions with us by email. That will aid
us as we work on this project. And don't forget to submit award
recommendations! For baronial awards, please use the form at:
https://forms.gle/Umpu4opfh6Pdbtyg7

In Service,
Baron Yancy and Hersirkona Kolfinna