[Namron] January Populace Meeting Notes

Baroness of Namron baroness at namron.ansteorra.org
Fri Jan 6 08:08:01 PST 2023

We had about 40 people at Populace, including seven newcomers! Five were
walk-ins from the library who saw us in garb and were curious. They were
excited to learn that our area has so many opportunities to do medieval
things!

Special thanks to our VIP Presenters, Baroness Gwyneth and Her Serene
Highness Caterina, who treated us to some great tidbits of Namron history!

The Plume newsletter is available. Great issue; please enjoy it!

Officer Positions and Bids:
Still open: Knight's Marshal, Webminister, SMO, Youth Chiv/Rapier all still
open; Chronicler, Rapier (close Feb. 2)
Beltane: Lady Emma & Lady Isabella are Event Stewards. Theme is inspired by
Monty Python. Because…Namron, 'tis a silly place.
MedFair: no bids yet
New Officers: Quartermaster (Seren of Namron), Herald (Saevarr Maní)
Still need throne design proposals with estimates.
Camp Manager for Gulf Wars; talk to Maestro Vincenti if interested

Baronial Wish List:
Simple drawstring bags for storing rolled banners, black or gold (2)
10"x54"; (3) 10"x24"; (1) 8"x45" when laid flat
Namron belt sashes
Feast gear for newcomers (dinner plates, bowls, utensils, mugs/goblets;
break-resistant materials are welcomed for our younger members)
Table runners to hang from back to front at Their Excellencies' place
settings; gold with baronial arms on the front section preferred
Hard-shell knee and elbow pads for Youth Armored Combat
Four embroidered napkins for baronial feast gear
Largesse (matching sets of 12 are especially useful, but all largesse is
wonderful)

2023 Budget is complete
Updated Financial Policy is with Kingdom for review. Notable: Oak Spring
money- all paperwork for group status must be with BOD by the end of 2024
or reserved funds revert to general fund.

Wordfame for high participation level from officers. They are doing great
things for the populace!!

>From the October Officers Meeting:
Weekly A&S, will be hosting Firestorm Ink several times per year
All Marshalate activities are holding practices!
Middle Eastern Drumming and Dancing classes are held weekly in Blanchard
Brewing opportunities are forthcoming
Business Meetings will be in person at Natural Grocers

BUSY Spring! Upcoming demos and events:
Workday: steps for Phredrica This Sunday, the 8th. TW/TA is from 12-2, so
please choose that first.
Armoring Day Sunday the 15th
Business Meeting Jan 19, 7-8 pm, Natural Grocers in Norman
February Pop theme is Love of Learning, with a Speed Dating style method
for matching people to teach and learn. We'll need a couple of volunteers
for moderation and taking notes. Baron Yancy will certainly bring his Game
Show Host voice, so come enjoy the fun!

Nibs and Needles needs a Gate Coordinator. If you are a paid member, have
taken a gate class in the last year, and are over 18, please contact Lady
Sibeal for info and to volunteer.

Beltane planning group is open on Facebook. Planning meetings are
forthcoming.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/962610054714995/?ref=share&mibextid=NSMWBT

Beltane Bardic Bonus Round: Namron Anthem. Participants should bring an
original Namron anthem, something with an easily learned and catchy chorus
so people can sing along. This will not be scored with the Title Bars
competition, and you may enter one competition, or both.

Return of the Ceremonial StormGuard. William will be coordinating.
Online submission form for awards is live on the Namron website!! Event,
feast, and tavern bids coming next.
Embroidered Memorial Banner Project. We have names, need someone/s to
research devices, artisans
Phred repairs coming when weather permits

Arts & Sciences Meeting canceled for January 16.
Populace requests pie in March, so watch for Pie News.

And the winds of the Storm still blow.

Hersirkona Kolfinna