[Namron] The Year of Possibilities

Baroness of Namron baroness at namron.ansteorra.org
Sat Jan 7 08:17:20 PST 2023

Greetings, Good Gentles of the Storm!

At the January Populace Meeting, we declared 2023 to be "The Year of
Possibilities." The pandemic tried to wither us, but our roots were strong,
and we are sprouting new leaves as we enter a period of growth. With that
growth comes opportunities to do new things, to bring back old things, and
to prune things that aren't working right now. Several opportunities to
forge new friendships and increase our exposure to the local community are
on the horizon.

🌕 One of the things we mentioned in the B&B Q&A was coordinating with
other SCA-adjacent local groups to build a sense of community rather than
competition for our memberships. The local Amtgard group, Falcon's Moon, is
also interested in this. They have invited us to visit their upcoming
Officers Coronation event, "The Great Gross Goblin Ball Invitational." The
event will be at Ruby Grant Park in Norman, on Saturday, January 21. If you
are not driving south for Queen's Champion, we encourage you to don your
fancy garb and join us in this mission of diplomacy and goodwill. Let us
know if you'll be attending so we can warn Amtgard how large our
invasion…err…contingent will be. There is no cost to attend.

🏰 An organization with whom we have a lifelong friendship is the Medieval
Fair. They are hosting a ball on Saturday, February 4, from 6-10 pm. There
is a $35 ticket cost which includes medieval dancing (no previous skill
required), live music from local favorites "The Unpronounceable Irish
Band," and hors d'oeuvres. Funds raised help keep the Medieval Fair in
operation. There is a Facebook Event with details at:
https://fb.me/e/2SAltFN8P?mibextid=N4tvPT

🎭 The Norman Mardi Gras Parade is back, and there is no fee for non-profit
groups to participate. The parade will be held in downtown Norman on the
evening of Saturday, February 18, from 7-9 pm. A Facebook Event is
available at:
https://facebook.com/events/s/norman-mardi-gras-parade/1247629532487802/.
If you, the populace, are interested in this, we will obtain more details.
For a good showing, a group of 20 to walk would be ideal. There are limited
spaces for groups, so we would need to register soon.

Please contact us with any questions. We look forward to seeing what blooms
this year!

In Service,
Baron Yancy and Hersirkona Kolfinna
baron at namron.ansteorra.org