NR - Court & Herald Idea

John Ruble jruble at urocor.com
Thu Feb 26 09:33:03 PST 1998

Gio said:
> I think this is the crux of it.  Let's be honest, for most of us,
> there are going
> to be very few times in our SCA career when we receive awards or are
> called up
> into court.  I will bitch and complain that courts are too long, and
> try to
> streamline them as much as possible, but not at the expense of the
> populace at
> large.

Hear, hear! Mass awards, production line awards... Shame on you all!
Should we just send the recipient a form letter notifying them of the
award instead and save all that time in court?  No way!  The medieval
theme we are trying to research and portray would shrivel up and die at
the thought that the elevation of some nobly-born to another rank was
anything less than a time for pomp and circumstance.

-Ulf
da