NR - Re: Pennsic

Talen von Marienburg talen at microtutors.com
Wed Jul 8 09:01:11 PDT 1998

Pug said:

>These are the correct weekends.
>
>I am definately look forward to my first Pennsic.

It'll be a blast.  Some of my fondest memories in the SCA are from Pennsic.
It's the pilgrimage that all true SCAers must make at least once in their
lifetime.  One thing you should notice is how regional differences go out
the window when compared to kingdom differences.  It's truly an eye opener
that will make you proud to be an Ansteorran.  Not that the other kingdoms
are wrong, just different culturally.  For those with an anthropological
bent, there's nothing to compare.  Go with an open mind and an open
pocketbook (the merchants are great, and oh that food!) and you'll have a
wonderful time.

BTW, due to finances this year I cannot go.  How many on this list are
going?  I hope a lot.  Ansteorra needs you!

Talen
talen at microtutors.com