NR - Regional loyalties

Russell russmax at cowboy.net
Wed Jul 8 21:58:38 PDT 1998

E.Preston III & Shelly K. Walker wrote:
         I heard the term used at the principality meeting, so I'll not claim
> it, but I perhaps did start using it here on the list. I can only say
> what I interpret it to mean. I see it as when there is a northern
> event occurring, and many northern players choose to go south to a
> different event. I'm NOT saying this is always wrong. I honed in on
> that part of the principality discussion as important.
>         Some people in the discussion were taking the stance that we needed
> to be more supportive of our northern groups before we could be ready
> for the principality thingy.

I agree that we should be supportive of our neighboring groups, but I don't
think of it as "regional loyalty". I am having difficulty with the concept of
regional loyalty. I can be loyal to Ansteorra, I can be loyal to
Mooneschadowe, but the Northern Region is not an actual entity that I can be
loyal to. What folks are calling "regional loyalty" seems to me as just being neighborly.

I'm not really for or against Principality, but I don't see anything in a
*region* to be loyal to. It would have to be more defined as an entity, such
as a Principality before I could give loyalty.

Lord Guillaume
Mooneschadowe