NR - Regional loyalties

Russell russmax at cowboy.net
Thu Jul 9 12:14:57 PDT 1998

Carl Chipman wrote:

> Guillaume, I think you are entering the classic-egg chicken issue, i.e.
> " I 'll feel an allegiance (or loyalty) to a principality but not to a
> region" and "A region needs the allegiance (or loyalty) of its people to
> become a principality".  It is a little bit of semantics I am sure, but
> the paradox is valid.
>
> Jean Paul

Yes, that is precisely the conundrum I was trying to point out. Perhaps we are
putting the cart before the horse by asking for regional loyalty before there
is anything to actually be loyal to. If regional loyalty is what we want, then
a Principality would probably be the best way to achieve it. It would give us
more of an identity as a group, and figureheads (Prince & Princess) to
coordinate regional efforts.

Lord Guillaume de Troyes