NR - Queen's Champion?

Tim Goins timgoins at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 26 20:47:50 PDT 1998

Greetings Centurion Talen!

The event was quite the experience, the temperature and sun combined
to drop a couple of fighters.  We had a pavilion for the Chirurgeons
and had a "water-mist" set up, this and the water bearers saved the
day.
The fights were well and skillfully fought among the approx. 68 entries.
Late in the list when only 3 fighters remained, Colin Alanson( I
believe )
and Dons Miguel and Brendan the heat finally got to Don Brendan.  This
fellow was treated and cooled and tho he recovered quickly he was still
to fight Don Miguel for the title.  Don Miguel spoke with Don Brendan
privately
and then the two of them approached Her Majesty with a plea which
misted
many an eye:  The two of them asked to serve together as HRM's
Champion.
Don Miguel could have forced Don Brendan to fight when he was clearly
not
up to it, but chose not to. For this he was rightly lauded. HRM agreed
the suggestion and there was much rejoicing for the valor and chivalry
shown
by these gentles and their devotion to Her Majesty.

In so far as the awards given, I am not aware of all that were
presented as
I was quite busy with Chirurgeonate duties.  However I must mention
that Don
Donovan Fitzpatrick received the "Queen's Blade Of Honor". Vivat!
==
Ld. Andrew Selwyn
A Gentleman Of NorthKeep in Ansteorra,
Cadet to Don James Navarre
"si tu posse legere hic tu in regula ordinare"
If you can read this you are in cannon range.
(Bumpersticker on the race-built galleon RAPTOR.)