NR - Introduction

dssweet@okway.okstate.edu dssweet at okway.okstate.edu
Mon Mar 2 13:20:09 PST 1998

     I've finally got around to introducing myself.

     I'm Estrill Swet of Mooneschadoweshire. The recipient of several
awards. Dance-monger, dance-pusher, dance-a-holic, take your pick. I'm
the percussion section of the local music guild (which makes me chose
whether to dance! or to beat the drum!) at events. I enjoy
cross-stitching and sewing. I'm a recovering seneschal, and I've also
held the a&s & chronicler positions. Currently I'm the Deputy Herald of
Precedence for Mooneschadowe, deputy to the Historian (my husband
Haldane Sparhawk), deputy a&s (dance guild head) and deputy in charge of
e-mail notices (I haven't got a response yet on *who* this position is a
deputy of: seneschal, chronicler, hospitaller or herald.)

     I've been in the sca here in Mooneschadowe since August 1980.
According to my brother, in the several years prior to that time, we had
seen blurbs on the news about Medieval Faire or Mayfest where the SCA
was participating, and I'd either say that "it looked really neat" or
"what a bunch of silly people those are". Then in the summer of 1980, we
went to OKon. 9am panel on the SCA. A man in a green velvet houppeland
(Sir Frederick, I believe), Blackfox, and two or three other people.
Many people in the audience.  WOW. Was informed that there was a branch
in Stillwater, and then, I looked for & found it after I moved here for
college. (Once I found the local group I realized that I had seen many
of the local members at OKon:  Tarl, David Helm, Kit Dixon; Talana and
other Tulsa members).

     Oh, one other thing: I talk *MUCH* more frequently and loudly via
e-mail than you will ever hear in person. I seem to have a tendency to
make statements, that because you can't see the rolling eyes, shrugging
shoulders and other body language, tends to sound rather extreme, when
in reality, I'm just trying to get other peoples thoughts on an issue.
I'm *incredibly* shy and quiet unless I've known a person for several
years and brass tends to make my mouth stay even more tightly closed.
You don't believe it?? Please, ask any member of Mooneschadoweshire.
They'll tell you the truth. ;) [Slap] I said, the truth. :O

     Estrill
     Mooneschadoweshire