NR - too much quiet

Ldyannais Ldyannais at aol.com
Wed Mar 18 20:15:04 PST 1998

So I opened my mouth, and Spewed forth my opinion of thinking that
"nordsteorra" was a heinous name for a Principality.

And Ulfie sayeth:

>  I do.  I like that name.  I held that office twice.

That's great... so you like that name.. And when you were NR herald, that was
your title.   But why in the world name a P~ for a herald?!?  That would say
to me Northern Ansteorra is a bunch of heralds.. that is the strongest point
of that area.. and we all know that that is a flat out lie... To me, naming
the Northern p~ "Nordsteorra" is moot.  We can't ... that is a tiltle that is
in use... I think we need to come up w/ a different name that is just as
beautiful, and conveys the same idea.

>  That name came
>  about to identify the new region that the Crown said we were.  We needed
>  a Northern Ansteorran Herald, and we wanted to show our intense
>  allegiance to the Kingdom, for at that time There Were Difficulties.

Ahh.... those were the days... eek!

>  Using the naming structure and language of "Ansteorra" (One Star), we
>  created the name "Nordsteorra" (North Star).  We are proud to be
>  Ansteorrans and proud to be from the North.

Hey, I am in no way knocking this point.  I do agree. I am proud to be an
Ansteorran and just as proud to be from the North.

>  As far as pronunciation, it isn't any more difficult than "Ansteorra",
>  and certainly easier than some of the things the Southerners were
>  discussing...

I did not go here... this is not my log .

>  > "We" ?!?!?  Who is "we"?  If there are people in the North who think
>  > that a
>  > principality is a possibility, then It should be discussed in a public
>  > forum..
>  > where all can attend...Not stuck in someone's living room where only a
>  > few are
>  > privy to the thoughts and ideas and policy makings of others, who
>  > think that
>  > they can make a principality by bypassing the rules and laws of the
>  > Kingdom
>  > and Society.
>  >

>  Who are you accusing, and of what?  You cannot stop a few people from
>  discussing "Principality" in their living room any more than you can
>  stop them from discussing fighter practices. You cannot stop a few
>  people from discussing "Principality" on electronic mailing lists any
>  more than you can stop them from discussing fighter practices.

Ulfie, I think you may have missed the point... I do not want to see paper
work bypass the kingdom again.  And to see the people who send the paperwork
and proposals do so from their living room and excluding the majority of the
population of the North.  I do not want to see people be left out of that
process, unless it is their wish.

>  And you cannot create a principality by bypassing rules and laws.  All
>  of the paperwork has to be in order before the BOD will do anything.

I know.  And thank you for agreeing with me.

>  So calm down.

Hee hee.... Ummm, I am calm. I really am enjoying this debate.  Actually, I am
more calm, and more rational at this moment in time than I have been in the
past few months.

>  Don't pick on Mic, at least not about this.

I am not picking on Mic....I love the guy, he's way cool.  I just think that
most people are not used to me spewing forth my opinions in such a forthright
manner and in such a public forum.

>  I like the
>  name Nordsteorra and the translation is pretty neat too.

Please see above... for Annais'  opinion.

>  And since it
>  is currently registered, THAT part of the principality creation process
>  is taken care of.  There is nothing saying that the Principality Herald
>  would have to continue using that name.  Let it become the
>  Principality's name, and he can pick a new one.

EEEWWWWW!!! YUCK!  I don't like this idea.  Why not the other way around?
Now, see above.. find a different name for the P~, taht still conveys the same
ideals.

>  As far as arms, it is tempting, too, to see about using some arms that
>  are already registered.  Papa Bjorn had the "Red Man over the Red River"
>  badge that got donated to Namron for our War Banner.  Bjorn would have
>  liked to see it get used as a principality banner, I'm sure.  But
>  personally, I'd hope for something with blue in it.

Blue?... OK we can do blue... as long as there is some masonry somewhere in it

>  -Ulf
>  Ansteorra, Nordsteorra, Namron, Tract 8, Block 7

now, that's heinouis..... hee hee

Annais
Around the block, and off a paved road....