NR - Re: ANST - Regia Anglorum Website

I. Marc Carlson LIB_IMC at centum.utulsa.edu
Sun Nov 1 17:03:03 PST 1998

<"Nathan W. Jones" <njones at ix.netcom.com>>
>I've been checking out the articles on this page, and am regretting
>forwarding it onto the lists without having attached a caveat or twelve.
>So far, and to be fair I haven't read all the articles yet, most of the
>essays on the website seem to be written without any regard for basic
>documentation of sources.  It's almost like reading 30 or 40 essays by high
>school freshmen about the Anglo-Saxons.

Or perhaps like essays intended for a specific audience who might already
*know* the basic sources?  FWIW, if you try backtracking the artifacts
they are making, and the things they are talking about, the ones I know
about seem to be fairly accurate.  Of course, since *I* don't always
cite my sources, depending on what audience I'm writing for, you can
take that for what THAT's worth.

Marc/Diarmaid