NR - On Northkeep and Toy Tourney

Lori Campbell LCAMPBEL at OSSM.EDU
Tue Jul 6 17:33:17 PDT 1999

> this discussion HAD BEEN taking place strictly on the
> Northkeep list, and I really wish it had stayed there,

I, for one, *have* heard rumors about Toy Tourney and people being
discontent.  I'm not on the Northkeep list, so I can't speak to what
was or was not brought up there.  It was Their Excellencies'
prerogative to bring their concerns to this list and I feel they did
so in order to "clear the air" about problems they felt could
potentially harm an endeavor that was close to their hearts.

I've found, in my limited experience playing our game, that the
problems you shine the brightest light on are the ones that end up
being solved.  Its the problems kept in a corner and never dealt with
that cause people to become angry and bitter.

> since people are now chiming in with opinions, some of whom
> do not appear to have read the proceeding material.

I don't know who this was directed to, but I can only speak for
myself and my husband when I say that we read Their Excellencies'
post very carefully.  The posts that followed were just opinions -
which everyone has a right both to have and to post here - and which
were based on that original post (not anything that might have been
discussed on another list).  If there were posts on the subject prior
to Thorgrim & Sigen's, then I must've missed them.

Well, I guess I've used up my $.02 for the day.