NR - On Northkeep and Toy Tourney

Marc Carlson marc-carlson at utulsa.edu
Wed Jul 7 10:10:54 PDT 1999

At 11:33 AM 7/7/99 +1100, Kat wrote:
>> this discussion HAD BEEN taking place strictly on the
>> Northkeep list, and I really wish it had stayed there
>I, for one, *have* heard rumors about Toy Tourney and people being
>discontent...
>I don't know who this was directed to, but I can only speak for
>myself and my husband when I say that we read Their Excellencies'
>post very carefully...

Ma'am,

Since you insist...

My view of events, since their excellencies may have another
interpretation, of these
events is that several days ago, someone posted a question to the Northkeep
list about
why the rules had been changed.  I presented my opinion based on the fact
that there have
been some *perceived* problems (and it will be noted that I didn't accuse
anyone of
anything - simply that there were some differing perceptions) with the
tourney in the
past and why those perceptions might have been made.  I believe that until
my response this
morning, everything I had said (on the Northkeep list) had been polite,
well reasoned and
in the spirit of trying to finding a way for people who weren't seeing eye
to eye on
an issue to come to some sort of understanding in a civilized fashion.  If
anyone who
HAS read the other thread and disagrees with me on this, please feel free
to step forward
and correct me.

Their Excellencies chose to respond to those, "clear the air" if you will,
on both lists,
here and on the Northkeep list.  I am certain that they meant nothing bad
by this, however,
I felt that my response had been misrepresented by being spread in an
edited form to people who had no knowledge of what went before.  There are
reasons why it's considered poor netiquette to cross-post in this fashion.

I've already apologized for having lost my cool earlier today.  I want to
also apologize if
I seem to be making Their Excellencies look in any way bad with this
missive.  That is not
my intent.

Marc/Diarmaid