NR - To toy with or not to toy with....

Merrik Viltar Har Marrock at msn.com
Wed Jul 7 10:55:31 PDT 1999

For the record; I have copies of every post regarding the Toy Tourney from
both the Northkeep and Northern Region list's. I have also read them.

Unto the member of these Lists..

Is it a good idea for persons not involved with an arena of the S.C.A. to
explain the behavior of those in said arena based upon second hand receipt
of a "fact" of some perceived problem?

Is it a good idea to place yourself above others and use religious text in
posts to point fingers, (of which there was an official complaint to the
list administrator about), and belittle others for actions as selfless as
actions can be?

Is it a good idea to believe that as an individual, you are the only person
anywhere to which a regional post involves?

Is it a good idea for those who have attained reputations as a "nemesis" to
their chosen and rightful leaders to piss, moan, and undermine authority
under the illusion of being helpful, and then expect to be accepted
unconditionally?

Is it a good idea to hide pervasive, seething, and hateful opinions behind
netiquette?

Questions to ponder...

Merrik

My view, since their excellencies may have another interpretation, of these
events is that several days ago, someone posted a question to the Northkeep
list about why the rules had been changed.  I presented my opinion based on
the fact that there have been some *perceived* problems (and it will be
noted that I didn't accuse anyone of anything - simply that there were some
differing perceptions) with the tourney in the past and why those
perceptions might have been made.  I believe that until my response this
morning, everything I had said (on the Northkeep list) had been polite, well
reasoned and in the spirit of trying to finding a way for people who weren't
seeing eye to eye on an issue to come to some sort of understanding in a
civilized fashion.  If anyone who HAS read the other thread and disagrees
with me on this, please feel free to step forward and correct me.

Their Excellencies chose to respond to those, "clear the air" if you will,
on both lists, here and on the Northkeep list.  I am certain that they meant
nothing bad by this, however, I felt that my response had been
misrepresented by being spread in an edited form to people who had no
knowledge of what went before.  There are reasons why it's considered poor
netiquette to cross-post in this fashion.

I've already apologized for having lost my cool earlier today.  I want to
also apologize if I seem to be making Their Excellencies look in any way bad
with this missive.  That is not my intent.

Marc/Diarmaid