NR - Painting Leather

House Of WALKER wf3 at icok.net
Fri Jul 30 06:26:56 PDT 1999

APRIL GILLILAN wrote:

> I am wanting to paint the leather parts of my armor. Does anyone have any
> suggestions as to what to use? I don't want to re-do it in a year, and it
> will be used for fighting, so I don't want it to come off easily. I am
> assuming that leather dye would be best, but it spreads so easily that you
> can't paint small areas with it. Will fabric paint flake off? How about
> magic markers or something similar?

Mistress Gunnora just addressed this topic on the rialto. She
indicated there are many different types of leather paint, and she
spoke succinctly on the values of each. If you can find the archives
of the SCA newsgroup, or contact Mistress Gunnora directly, you'll
have the best result, IMO.

Having said that, I would not try to use fabric paint, or others, if
you really don't want to have to redo this all the time. I know
nothing on magic markers, I just don't believe they would last.
Britta the Red
--
And now for some Feedback, "SqueeeeeeeEEEEEEEEEeeeeee"