NR - Rundel's Margrave/Vormund sorta long

Sigen3 at aol.com Sigen3 at aol.com
Sun Oct 24 16:17:34 PDT 1999

Greetings to the North!

The event was wonderful.  There were lots of folks in attendance, and the day
was one fun thing after another.  The bardic competition was one of the
largest I have seen in some time, with Signeur Etienne de St. Amaranthe
winning the finals.  The arts and science competition was won by Lord Aldric
de Kerr, with beautiful leatherwork.  Knife, ax, spear was won by Lord Magnus
Dufosse (who just wins an awful lot of these!).  Lord Angus Gunn  won the
archery...and also received an AOA.  The new Vormund is Lord Puck Oneshoe,
with Lady Kelandra Carmichael a close second (by one vote).  The new Margrave
is Hersir Thorgrim Nordvirk.

Court was a little long, but well worth the time.  I cannot remember all the
names, but I am sure that Signeur Etienne will post a list.  There were
several AOA's for folks from Mooneschadowe, and they were all congratulated
loudly and heartily by their friends (with much amused laughter from the
court!).  Valstar (from Rundel) is now Lord Valstar.  Please congratulate him
the next time you see him!  There were also two Rising Stars, and an Iris of
Merit ( Ismet just changed her name, and I don't have the new one).  There
were also four new Cornerstones of Northkeep, Lord Ian dun Gillan, Lord
Wilhelm der Wolf, Lady Britta the Red, and Her Fabulosity Mistress Catrin
ferch Gwillym o' Gonwey.  Vivat all these deserving gentles.  We would also
like to mention Sir Iain McClanach(sp?) who was visiting from out of kingdom.
 He presented a fine example of Chivalry for the event.  He generously took
time to teach after the tourney, sparring with some of the newest fighters in
the region, and explaining how and why he did things.  We look to seeing him
in Northkeep in the future.

The feast was very, Very GOOD!  The food was delicious, and as is usual with
the folks from Mooneschadowe well served and plentiful.  There was
entertainment provided by Puck (hope he isn't mad at me), and the musicians
played beautifully.  All in all, a wonderful time.  Thanks to Lady Sasona
(sp?) and her crew for working so hard.

We would like to thank everyone who helped our Canton with their event.  They
are growing, with quite a few new members, and when everyone chips in to help
at an event, the new folks get to see the best of our society.  We would also
like to thank everyone who attended the event.  We don't have any numbers
yet, but it appeared to be the largest Margrave/Vormund to date.  Your
support of the Northern Region is very much appreciated.

I remain in service,
Sigen Nordvirk
ps <HUMOR ON> thanks to all the Northkeep fighters who didn't come, since you
probably would have been the ones to take Thorgrim out of the tourney!! <OFF>
<SEG> :-)