NR - NR Warlord vs. Tribute

Burke McCrory bmccrory at oktax.state.ok.us
Tue Aug 29 15:06:08 PDT 2000

At 03:47 PM 8/29/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Last year's Tribute proves, however, that we can have a big ole War College
>at Tribute and also raise lots of money. It's especially handy when lots of
>that money comes from gate.
>
>If we need to change the name, and perhaps, the focus of the event, then
>maybe it's time to do so.
>
>WR

I beg to differ, a sizable amount of the Money that was raised at last
years Tribute came from sources other than the gate.  I am sure that Master
Artorius can provide the details if anyone is interested.  I for one like
the idea of the NR Tribute event.  Yes, it was originally planned as a one
time event that would help the Kingdom out of a monetary crunch, but
somewhere along the way it also became a structure that promoted unity
among all of the groups in the North.  By each group participating to one
degree or another, the event help strengthen regional identity and
unity.  Today the kingdom is on strong financial ground so that the need
for fund raising is not as urgent but this does not change the basic fact
the Tribute has transcended its original purpose to become much
more.  Other parts of the Kingdom look to us as a model of how to hold a
regional event.  The number of people each year coming to the event is
growing and now days the event is almost always on the Crowns
progress.  This doesn't sound like an event that needs fixing or
changing.  I would propose keeping Tribute as it is.

Burke