NR - NR- Warlord

Johann wolfstar at peakonline.com
Tue Aug 29 18:34:44 PDT 2000

Greetings to the List:

    Well, I guess it's time for my two cents worth, since Northern Regional
Warlord was my idea in the first place.  Sir Burke has accurately given the
background history, so no need to go there again.

    One flaw in the whole Warlord event was placing the burden of
Autocrating the next year's event on the winning person's shoulders.  For
while one may be able to inspire his/her troops while out numbered 100 to 1
and strike fear in his/her enemy's without breaking a sweat, the thought of
putting on a party for a few hundred of his/her friends sends him/her over
the edge.

    The weather has been a major factor in the Warlords held in July &
August.  Show me any outdoor fighting event that is well attended at that
time of the year. 'Course, that is the reason you can always find those
dates open.  If the Region decides to continue the Northern Regional Warlord
event, we need to find a way to rotate the event so the burden doesn't fall
on one group all the time.  Also, if it were moved it to a cooler time of
the year--late March after Gulf would be ideal because everyone would still
be jacked from the war--the Warlord would have a full year to get people
ready.  I also think a Lieutenant or two should also be selected.  That way
we increase the chances that someone with a idea of the plan would be @ Gulf
Wars.

Johann Gunnbjornsson
Co-head House Wolfstar
Defender of the Wastelands

P. S.

The reason *anything* other than armored combat was included in the NRW
Tourney was because I was brow-beaten into being politically correct
(inclusive)...   ;)