NR - NR- Warlord

Staci L. Myers Staci-Myers at ouhsc.edu
Wed Aug 30 06:37:13 PDT 2000

Suggestions for NRW:

1. Get it on a specific date on the calendar & keep it there. All the
calendar hopping confuses people. One of the reasons for NRT's success is
that people know when it is going to be & can plan their schedules
accordingly.

2. Have it in the Spring or Fall when the weather is cooler!

3. Don't lay responsibility for organizing next event on the shoulders of
the winner. If that's been the case in the past, it's a wonder that you've
had any competitors at all! It's a regional event; if we can't find enough
people in the region to help it run smoothly, then it doesn't need to
happen. The Warlord should be in charge of the competition for the next
Warlord, period. No site finding/date-setting, etc. That's what autocrats &
regional seneschals are for.

4. Hype, hype, hype! I'm old enough (barely!) to remember Brother Ricardo's
Traveling War Show. For those of you who don't, find someone even more
decrepit than myself & ask them to fill you in.

5. Make it fun, not only for the fighters, but for the noncombatants, as
well. Creative scenarios, alternate activities (maybe a competition for the
group that produces the most/best war banners &/or tabards?), & maybe a Fun
With Siege Engines segment. (If any of this has already been done, ignore
me; I haven't been able to make the last couple)

Aelfwyn