NR - NR Warlord

Burke McCrory bmccrory at oktax.state.ok.us
Tue Aug 29 09:23:42 PDT 2000

At 11:05 AM 8/29/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Do we want to continue to try to have a Nothern Regional Warlord event?
>
>It is increasingly difficult to schedule
>Support from the populace seems low
>Does this event break even?
>
>Our purpose is to select a Warlord and a Rapier Warlord (I'd like to find
>another name for this). Do any of the other activities relate to Gulf
>Wars? Neither of these posts have yet become something that a lot of
>people are striving for.
>
>Perhaps we could do this better by selecting these at NR Tribute,
>particularly with the intense war training efforts we now do at that
>event. This would give the standing Warlord a lieutenant for the War, and
>month to train his/her replacement.
>
>Ld Walter Robin,
>Seneschal, Mooneschadowe

This idea has come up before and it is impractical to try and choose a
Warlord at Tribute as it traditionally serves as the Kingdom's last major
War College before Gulf Wars.  I know that last year Don Donovan was trying
to get a rapier war college going.  Also the original idea of Tribute was
as a fund raiser for the Kingdom.  It would be very hard to continue all of
these and add the championships at the same time.  I think that we just
need to work a little more on refining the Warlord event and see where it
takes us.

Sir Burke