NR - NR- Warlord

Lori Campbell LCAMPBEL at ossm.edu
Tue Aug 29 19:54:30 PDT 2000

> Rowan mentioned:
> more than one sponsoring group works
> on coordinating the various aspects of Warlord just as
> several groups are responsible for putting together Tribute.

Disclaimer:  I know nothing about how Warlord was initially planned,
subsequently planned or executed. I do know that this was the first
year all the groups in the region were asked to contribute a prize
for the competitions.

After helping with 6 of 'em, I do know about Tribute.  As the
seneschal who put the first one on the calendar, I can tell
you that Tribute started before the "3 group sponsorship required to
get a regional event it's own date on the kingdom calendar" rule.
Wiesenfeuer always considered it "our" event to run because we did
the preliminary work and never claimed joint sponsorship with
other groups to get it classified as a "true" regional event.  We
just considered that we gave our third event per year to a good cause
(something that ultimately led to a great many misunderstandings).

As far as I know, until last year no regional or kingdom seneschal
was ever involved in the planning of the Tribute event.  I have no
idea about Warlord.

So I guess if you waded thru those jumbled thoughts, the point I was
trying to make is that Warlord has, in the past, been run as a true
regional event with 3 groups sponsoring it (I'm comfortable that
someone will correct me if I'm wrong).

Tribute, on the other hand, was a single group running the event with
*all* Northern groups sponsoring an activity.  I think one or two
years we asked for autocrat warrant sheets from the groups, but that
was primarily to cement a contact person within the other groups and
get all their correct information.  I suspect it was run the same way
last year because the only name I ever saw on the announcements was
that Eldern Hills sponsored the event. (Again, I'm comfortable that
someone will correct me if I'm off track).  I'm not certain it would
work as a "true" regional event.  Might be an interesting idea to
kick around.