NR - NR- Warlord

Burke McCrory burkemc2 at home.com
Wed Aug 30 19:43:24 PDT 2000

>After helping with 6 of 'em, I do know about Tribute.  As the
>seneschal who put the first one on the calendar, I can tell
>you that Tribute started before the "3 group sponsorship required to
>get a regional event it's own date on the kingdom calendar" rule.
>Wiesenfeuer always considered it "our" event to run because we did
>the preliminary work and never claimed joint sponsorship with
>other groups to get it classified as a "true" regional event.  We
>just considered that we gave our third event per year to a good cause
>(something that ultimately led to a great many misunderstandings).
>
>As far as I know, until last year no regional or kingdom seneschal
>was ever involved in the planning of the Tribute event.  I have no
>idea about Warlord.
>
>So I guess if you waded thru those jumbled thoughts, the point I was
>trying to make is that Warlord has, in the past, been run as a true
>regional event with 3 groups sponsoring it (I'm comfortable that
>someone will correct me if I'm wrong).
>
>Tribute, on the other hand, was a single group running the event with
>*all* Northern groups sponsoring an activity.  I think one or two
>years we asked for autocrat warrant sheets from the groups, but that
>was primarily to cement a contact person within the other groups and
>get all their correct information.  I suspect it was run the same way
>last year because the only name I ever saw on the announcements was
>that Eldern Hills sponsored the event. (Again, I'm comfortable that
>someone will correct me if I'm off track).  I'm not certain it would
>work as a "true" regional event.  Might be an interesting idea to
>kick around.

I am not sure what the autocrats thought about the event but I know that
the Kingdom has treated it as a regional event administratively for the
past four years at least.  It works well as a regional event, possibly the
best in the Kingdom.  It is definitely the longest running successful
regional event in the Kingdom.  I know that I used it as the example and
benchmark whenever I spoke to people on how to do a regional event.

Burke