NR - Northern Retional Tribute

Ulf Gunnarsson ulfie at mmcable.com
Sun Dec 31 13:43:08 PST 2000

The Kingdom Seneschal of Ansteorra said:
> For those of you who feel it necessary to express concern, I would offer
> this missive. Yes, the few were involved in this petty incident.

As I stated when I called you, Richard, over twenty people from the Barony
of Namron had contacted me to complain about these issues.  That is over
half the number of people who show up for populace meetings, about a third
of the paid memberships.  These complaints were voiced in the short time
between our last populace meeting and the holidays, and more people are
calling as they hear of it.

Please stop referring to this as a "few".

> I made no hesitation in calling this latest incident childish . Their
Majesties
> and Their Highnesses are all aware of my personal opinion on this issue.
The
> few became childish over a wanting a situation their way or no way.

These "many" asked to be consulted about their event, not dictated to
without consultation and effectively (and literally) told their wants were
not important.

> A decision was made to treat them in what was felt to be appropriate for
the
> behavior; and it was no way.

A decision was made by the Kingdom Seneschal to sanction a barony.  That
Kingdom Seneschal imposed those sanctions without ever talking to the Baron
and Baroness about the situation.  I, for one, fail to see how that is
appropriate.

> Sometimes in life, whether be it in the Society world or the Mundane world
> a halt must be called to certain levels of behavior.

Yes.  Please stop.  Please stop trying to turn this into a personal issue
between a couple of people, and look at it instead as what it is: a large
chunk of a branch having difficulties accepting decisions imposed on them
from outside and wanting to have some control over their own activities.

> If you wish further discussion on any of these topics I would suggest,
rather
> than posting to public lists in inflammatory ways, (which only continues
to add
> fuel to the problem) that you contact me.

I hope this was not taken in an inflammatory manner.  It is only intended to
let people know that I, my wife, and a large portion of the Barony of Namron
disagree with your assessment of the situation of which we are an integral
part.

-------
Furthermore, let me add this.  Several people have talked to Maleah and I,
asking us to represent their interests to the appropriate officials in these
matters.  But apparently those officials would much rather hear individually
from each person.  As you can see from Master Richard's post, someone along
the line seems to feel that our statement of the numbers has been
exagerated.

So... If you have expressed an opinion on these matters privately,  I am
asking this... FROM EVERYONE....  Please share your opinions with the person
you have the problem with, their boss, as well as the northern regional
seneschal, the kingdom seneschal, Their Highnesses, the Crown, and
ourselves.  Those are the people making the decisions or hearing the
appeals.

The regional seneschal and the kingdom seneschal need accurate information
to make good decisions.  For that matter, so do the Crown and ourselves.  So
does the Society Seneschal, and the President of Coca-Cola, for that matter.

Ulf and Maleah
Baron and Baroness of Namron