NR - Northern Retional Tribute

HEGitana at aol.com HEGitana at aol.com
Sun Dec 31 13:45:39 PST 2000

In a message dated 12/31/00 9:52:46 AM Central Standard Time,
fairborn at swbell.net writes:

<< For those of you who feel it necessary to express concern >>
Richard, I am obviously one of those who felt it necessary to express concern.
It is my understanding that this list is a place where the people of the
Northern Region go to discuss their concerns.  It sounds as if you are
telling me to sit down and shut up.  I'm really tired of people being to be
quiet simply because they do not agree with the Kingdom Seneschal's office or
because their feeling might upset someone.  I'm upset and so are many other.
Are we really being told that our opinions do not matter?  If so you need to
tell me so in this public forum.

If anyone has a right to make comments about Northern Regional Tribute I have
earned that right.  I talked for a solid year, before the first Tribute,
selling the idea to groups that wanted no part it.  I autocrated the first
and fifth Northern Regional Tribute
and assisted every other autocrat for the first six years.  Many feel that
last years Northern Regional Tribute was a success in terms of money alone.
Moral was at an all time low.  The tension and animosity was so thick you
could have cut it with a knife.

I can only speak for myself, but when Wiesenfeuer voted on whether or not to
host the seventh Northern Regional Tribute my vote was no, because I felt
that it was becoming a political platform to promote the Region and not the
Kingdom.  The original purpose of this event was to honor our Kingdom by
raising needed funds and generate camaraderie among the people of the
Northern Region.  This remained the focus for six years.

You said
>The few became childish over a wanting a situation their way or no way.
You are absolutely right, but you and I would greatly disagree on who those
were that were being childish and had to have their own way.

I do not understand what you feel can be resolved in private discussions.
This issue needs to be discussed in an open forum by all the people in this
region whose hearts are involved.  I feel the people on this list are adults
and perfectly capable of discussing all issues in a non-inflammatory way
without attacking any individual.
Covering an infected wound will only cause it to fester.  It must be cleaned
and left open to heal.