NR - Northern Retional Tribute

W. C. Smith wcsmith at ionet.net
Sun Dec 31 15:24:00 PST 2000

At 04:45 PM 12/31/00 EST, HEGitana wrote:
<snip>

>Many feel that
>last years Northern Regional Tribute was a success in terms of money alone.
>Moral was at an all time low.  The tension and animosity was so thick you
>could have cut it with a knife.

OK... enough is enough!  The fact is last year's Tribute a great success?
Was there "tension" and "animosity"?  Not in widespread terms as suggested.
 In fact, the only "tension and animosity" I and the rest of the event
staff were aware of was with a select few individuals and their close
circles of friends.  As for the morale comment...  I saw no such problems
as gentle after gentle came up to me and/or H.E. Catrin thanking us for
such a wonderfully uniting event.  Throughout the day Sat. I saw mostly
smiling faces that were enjoying the day's activities (with only a few
distinct exceptions).  And lastly, I saw no "morale" problems Sun.
afternoon after the event when MANY of us participated in a rousing game of
"broom & duct-tape- ball hockey" in the hall.  We had a blast!

>I can only speak for myself, but when Wiesenfeuer voted on whether or not to
>host the seventh Northern Regional Tribute my vote was no, because I felt
>that it was becoming a political platform to promote the Region and not the
>Kingdom.  The original purpose of this event was to honor our Kingdom by
>raising needed funds and generate camaraderie among the people of the
>Northern Region.  This remained the focus for six years.

I'm sorry but I don't see that this focus has changed.  There are only a
few who seem to be bent on making Tribute a "political forum".  And I don't
believe they're the ones you're thinking of.
Also, what's wrong with promoting the Region while honoring our great
Kingdom?  With the exception of a few more vocal individuals, I believe we
are a strong, united Region, capable of doing anything we set our minds to.

So I ask you to please lay off attacking last year's Tribute, and in fact,
Tribute in general.

Master Artorius ap Caradoc
Coordinating Autocrat for N.R. Tribute VII