NR - Northern Regional Tribute

HEGitana at aol.com HEGitana at aol.com
Sun Dec 31 17:27:11 PST 2000

> Artorius said
>The fact is last year's Tribute a great success?

I did say it was a great success financially.  I'm sorry, I didn't have fun.
No one is attacking the job you did or your intentions or even the event
itself.  You did not create the atmosphere nor the circumstances that caused
many to be unhappy.

>Was there "tension" and "animosity"?

Yes, I remember many (loosely defined as more than 40) who attended only to
watch the sad stepping down of Landed Nobility that they loved and respected.
 There were more who would not even attend the event because of the politics
which surrounded it.

> the only "tension and animosity" I and the rest of the event
>staff were aware of was with a select few individuals and their close
>circles of friends.

The fact that you choose to represent the many I am speaking of as a "few,"
doesn't diminish the truth of what I am saying.  The fact that you were not
aware of those people and their feelings does not mean that they don't exist
or matter.  I'm sure if it was your circle of friends that was unhappy it
would matter to you.

>I'm sorry but I don't see that this focus has changed.

We will just have to agree to disagree.  The War College has become a
Regional War College, not the Kingdom War College that we started.
There has been a push to hold Regional Titled Competitions which would take
the focus away from honoring and earning money for the Kingdom.

The seneschal's office now dictates that this event *will* happen and
apparently has total control over everything to do with it.  This takes it
away from the people and puts it in the hands of the administration.  Because
this event it is a fund raiser for the Kingdom, this makes it feel like
taxation and not the act of generosity that was originally intended.  That is
an enormous change of focus in my humble opinion.

>Also, what's wrong with promoting the Region while honoring our great
Kingdom?

While there are many who feel patriotic about the Northern Region there are
those who don't.  You will exclude them without even trying to.  You cannot
focus on both without taking something away from the other.

>I believe we are a strong, united Region

Yet again, we will just have to agree to disagree.

>So I ask you to please lay off attacking last year's Tribute, and in fact,
Tribute in general.

I am not attacking Tribute or you.  I know personally how hard you work.  You
have come to my rescue more than once (even with Northern Regional Tribute).
I'm sure your efforts helped to make the event as successful as it was.

I think I made my feelings regarding posting on this subject perfectly clear.
 Many people have opinions and have the right to discuss them reasonably
here.  Even if their opinions differ from yours or mine.

Gitana