NR - Northern Regional Tribute

Jennifer Smith jds at randomgang.com
Sun Dec 31 19:01:06 PST 2000

On 31 Dec 00, at 20:27, HEGitana at aol.com wrote:
> The seneschal's office now dictates that this event *will* happen and
> apparently has total control over everything to do with it.  This takes it
> away from the people and puts it in the hands of the administration.  Because
> this event it is a fund raiser for the Kingdom, this makes it feel like
> taxation and not the act of generosity that was originally intended.  That is
> an enormous change of focus in my humble opinion.

This is an interesting point, if true.  Hopefully the Kingdom Seneschal can
answer this question:  is the kingdom dictating that NRT *will* happen, and
happen as a true regional-sponsored (as opposed to sole group-sponsored)
event, or is it dictating that *if* NRT happens that it will be a true regional-
sponsored event?

I'm not too thrilled about the former; I can certainly live with the latter.  (And
indeed, I'm one of those relatively-newcomers who innocently thought the
"Regional" in the name meant it was regionally-sponsored, not individually-
sponsored...)

-Emma de Fetherstan

--
Jennifer Smith