NR - The P-Word.

Carl Chipman cchipman at nomadics.com
Fri Feb 18 13:18:11 PST 2000

Just got back from Santa Clara California, and had a totally awesome
discussion with the Earl Marshall of the Kingdom of the West.  We had some
real good discussions about the benefits of forming principalities.
 Basically, what they boil down to are :

1) Allows more freedom to the king and queen, as the hectic rate at which
they must travel could be reduced a bit.
2) Allows more recognition for the newer regional fighters.  Sometimes it
hard for the members of the chivalry to know all of the "up-and-coming"
fighters from an area, but if the compete well in the coronet list, its a
good indicator to check them out.
3) Good practice for being king and queen.  Mistakes made by a
prince/princess in their region are more likely to be forgiven because the
region knows them better than an out of area King and Queen.
4) I know as Ansteorrans most people don't like to say this, but sometimes
you don't really care for the king or queen.  With a prince/princess, you
could always play with them instead of with the crown.  I know that this
attitude is not kinda good, but its true that people do not universally
like other people.

These are all really good reasons.  What are the downsides to forming a
principality.

Jean Paul de Sens,
the Curious....

Carl Chipman