NR - Re: RE: NK - Mead Bee Wars (long)

Lori Campbell LCAMPBEL at ossm.edu
Wed Feb 23 13:32:21 PST 2000

Greetings HL Annabelle and all others on this list.

> I do not feel that our Baron and Baroness were "driven"
> from their posts.

I have had *many* conversations with your former landed nobility on
the reasons they left.  I feel I can state with absolute certainty
that they felt they had no choice but to step down.  I would suggest
that anyone who really wants to know should go to them and ask *them*
their reasons. They will be more than happy to tell you and probably
deserve at least that chance.

While it is true that the actual vote went well in their favor for
them to stay, the few who opposed them were core officers and
long standing members.  Some times the greatest pressure does not
come from sheer numbers.  They felt it was best to leave so the
barony would not be torn apart by those who had already gone to
great lengths to tell kingdom administration just how much they
wanted their landeds to be gone.

While I can't say I would've done the same thing, I can say how much
I admire both Aethelstan and Claryce for making a difficult decision
and truly considering what was best for their group.

Wiesenfeuer