NR - Regional Identity

Eric Jackson owenapaeddan at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 1 13:22:06 PDT 2000

Greetings unto the greatest Region in the Known World,

     I would like to toss a chicken and some barley into this discussion, I
as many know have a great love for my region, more so now as I have lived in
more than one group in this region.  However I also love the Kingdom and
fight with all my heart for it at Gulf Wars for my sword and heart belong to
this land.  When I accepted the squires belt from Sir Burke, I bound my self
in feality to the crown as my knights words bind him.  My Regional love does
not detract from my love of Kingdom and pride in it's accomplishments. I
salute my crown and there heirs and boldly stand with fist raised high when
saluting my Kingdom.  I have been a part of this game for over eleven years
and have always had this Regional identity I belonged to the best shire in
the best region of the best kingdom. If having this Regional identity has
caused me anything, it has caused me to learn more about it and the kingdom
it is part of.
     I believe that someday our kingdom will have principalities and maybe
some of those will form their own kingdoms who knows. What I know is NRT has
always been a lot of fun I have loved everyone that I have attended five out
of the six.  I know that NRW is a blast and that I have even tried for the
position myself. I lost but still had a great time.  I am sorry that there
have been hurt feelings over NRT and hopefully those feelings will not be
hurt in the future.

Northern Ansteorran
Owen ap Aeddan......
Canton of Rundel