NR - Regional Identity

Staci L. Myers Staci-Myers at ouhsc.edu
Fri Sep 1 15:51:10 PDT 2000

I feel that having "Principality" as a goal is the wrong way to look at it,
as it tends to put people into "for" and "against" groups almost
automatically. I've seen enough division among friends over this game to
last me a lifetime.

This *is* a game, and games are supposed to be fun. I think that the best
goal to set for ourselves is to keep the fun in the game, keep working
together & *definitely* keep dialogues like this going so that people with
differing views can express themselves to one another. I think that for most
people, the written word is a better forum for this than speech, because it
allows time to reflect on both what has been said and your own reply.

No two people have the exact same vision of the Dream, but there is more
that enough room in the game for all of them if we all just keep in mind
that:

1. No one's Dream is more wrong or more right than anyone else's
2. Each person's Dream is as important to them as yours is to you.

If we keep things fun, growth *will* occur, & when/if the time to become a
Principality is right, things will fall together. If we have to fight among
ourselves to accomplish it, we're probably not ready yet. (& in case you're
wondering, I have no real opinion on the matter. My friends are my friends
no matter what the North is called, & that's why I'm here.).

BTW, Merrik, that was a unique & colorful (& smelly) job description for a
Prince.

Aelfwyn