NR - Principality

Derryk Carr derrykcarr at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 5 10:33:51 PDT 2000

>Also, there is the White Scarf issue to consider.
>
>Look at the difficulty the North has traditionally had in getting
>recognition for our rapier community.  Almost never is a Northern
>rapier fighter elevated to the Order of the White Scarf unless that
>fighter travels extensively throughout the kingdom.  Although the WS
>is a grant level award and technically could be given by a Prince or
>Princess, I just don't see the Queen giving her right to bestow
>that order to a Coronet.  In fact, I think you'd see WWIII from
>the Dons of the Kingdom should it even be suggested.
>
>Just my perspective.
>
>Kat

I have been wondering how this (the award levels) would go. I know several
people who have great potential and are showing sighns of increased interest
and ability, both in the Arts and Sciences and in
various forms of fighting, not to excludee those who do such great service.
I would think (and may be wrong) that it would take longer for an individual
to achieve the higher goals of Pelican, Laurel, Don and Knight. Wouldn't
they still need to travel in order to show others the skills that they have
obtained?

HL Aldric