NR - Principality

Fitzmorgan at cs.com Fitzmorgan at cs.com
Tue Sep 5 18:43:13 PDT 2000

In a message dated 9/5/00 6:34:15 PM Pacific Daylight Time, LdyCalais at aol.com
writes:

> I have a question.  If we try to be a principality and for some reason
don't

>  succeed, what happens?  Would we cease to exsist as a SCA group?  What is
> the
>  worst case scenario?
>
>  E~d~C

    I think that would depend on why we failed.  There is so far as I know no
administrative penelity for trying and failing, though we could end up
looking foolish.
    The worst case scenario as I see it is if we try and fail because a small
group tries to force it when the region as a whole doesn't support it, or we
fail because people begin fighting about it, and people get angry and hurt
and resentful.  The worst case is if we try it and do it wrong and start
tearing ourselves apart over this.
    We should not even consider doing this unless it has strong and popular
support throughout the region.

Robert Fitzmorgan