NR - principality

Siriporn Peters kssiripo at kmitl.ac.th
Tue Sep 5 19:52:58 PDT 2000

'lo all,

   I'm out of region (and kingdom) for a while, but I will be back. Sir
Burke (and Pug) are doing a good job of explaining from an analytical
standpoint. Principality is however, an emotional issue.

  If we become Nordsteorrans we won't be Ansteorrans anymore!!! (sniff
sniff)
  HOGWASH!! Being an Oklahoman doesn't make you any less of an American.
Being a father doesn't make you less of a husband. If you have another
child do you love the others less? Is your heart so small that there
isn't room to love something else? Hearts aren't hard-drives, they don't
run out of usable space. You can love Kingdom AND Principality (and
barony and household etc.)

Con's
You can get a bad Prince and Princess
A tendency to encourage people to stay home in the Principality and not
travel.

  These are actually Pro's. Some people are afraid principality will
stop travel.
  B.S. People who travel now because they wish to ..WILL continue.
People who were traveling because they HAD to will be happier and
contribute more locally.
  If you have a bad coronet this will encourage travel (you can avoid
them).
  Bad coronets will happen. Bad crowns have happened. Did it destroy the
kingdom? No!

  I support now and probably always will principality. If you don't, I
ask you to look into your heart and ask yourself why.

Mykaru Kurodachi
Ansteorran
Nordsteorran
Member of Toe-hold at large

P.S. I'm trying to match vacation and Gulf War next spring.