NR - Principality

Susan O'Neal catmafia at swbell.net
Sat Sep 9 13:01:08 PDT 2000

At 07:54 PM 9/8/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Emma wrote:
>><<  because as someone pointed out, we can *always* petition the
>>  Crown to change the name of our region if we want! >>
>
>Gitana wrote:
>>I didn't know Regions really had names, do they?  Do we have any other
>>regions in Anestorra with names?  What are they?
>
>I write:
>The regions do not have names so no petition is required.  We can call
>ourselves whatever we wish; the crown refers to us as the Northern Region
>or as Their northern lands.  We can call ourselves "land of those who
>live, fight, and roll in red dirt" (in many different languages) if we
>wish.  No petition comes into play unless we actually file for
>principalityhood or want to change after we have.
>
>Etienne

Etienne,

As much as you are leaving out those in Brad Leah with Oklahoma specific
names and Oklahoma was left out in a Texas specific name,  you leave out a
great part of the NE of this region with a red specific name.  I grew up
deep in Green Country and had no idea what people were refering to when
them made all the comments about the dry, red earth of Oklahoma.  I grew up
in verdent hills with lots of rocks.  The even more ancient history of our
land is varied and we may want to try to be more intentionally exclusive as
we search for names.  Even though the area to the North and East of
Northkeep currently doesn't support any groups, lets keep the area in mind.

Susan
as many of said, there is wind, water and wildlife to allude too