NR - Principality name

Spatsman at aol.com Spatsman at aol.com
Tue Sep 12 21:18:21 PDT 2000

In a message dated 9/12/00 10:49:09 PM Central Daylight Time,
jds-emma at operamail.com writes:

<< >
 > It's an ancient Greek term - the Griffin was thought to
 > inhabit Sythia.

 Scythia.  Where's a reference for that, Diarmaid?  I couldn't find any in my
 one decent Greek mythology/history book, and I'm curious now. :)

Ok....I like the general feel for this. I gave a list of local raptors,
anyone wanna give a list of monsters or fantastic creatures that were thought
to inhabit wide open country or thinly populated areas? That might be worth
taking into consideration for future discussions, on and offline.
Getting folks involved in the creation of symbols and traditions is a great
outlet for patriotism.
~Fionnagan