NR - Principality

Burke McCrory burkemc2 at home.com
Mon Sep 4 16:41:13 PDT 2000

At 05:51 PM 9/4/2000 -0600, you wrote:
>Just from my few discussions with other peoples of the mists:
>
>Additional Pros:
>1.  Greater Chance of Royalty at smaller events.
>2.  Allows more freedom to the king and queen, as the hectic rate at which
>they must travel could be reduced a bit.

This could be seen as both a pro and con.  Currently one of the factors
that a Crown considers when looking at small events is how long has it been
since the last visit by a Crown.  The Crown would not have to worry as much
about traveling to small events in the Principality to show the banner as
they do now, but it might also mean the all the groups in the Principality
would see the Crown less.

>3.  Allows more recognition for the newer regional fighters.  Sometimes it
>hard for the members of the chivalry to know all of the "up-and-coming"
>fighters from an area, but if the compete well in the coronet list, its a
>good indicator to check them out.
>4.  Good practice for being king and queen.  Mistakes made by a
>prince/princess in their region are more likely to be forgiven because the
>region knows them better than an out of area King and Queen.

This is one of the best pros that I know of, Mistress Eilis Society
Seneschal calls it a Crown with training wheels.

>5.  I know as Ansteorrans most people don't like to say this, but sometimes
>you don't really care for the king or queen.  With a prince/princess, you
>could always play with them instead of with the crown.  I know that this
>attitude is not kinda good, but its true that people do not universally
>like other people.
>
>Ld. Jean Paul de Sens
>
>P.S. in case anyone remembers this is a rehash of an e-mail I sent out about
>6 months ago...

Burke