NR - Principality

Lori Campbell LCAMPBEL at ossm.edu
Mon Sep 4 15:50:03 PDT 2000

> > 4.  Good practice for being king and queen.  Mistakes made by a
> > prince/princess in their region are more likely to be forgiven

Boy, would I have to strongly disagree with this.

Good rulers have to make decisions based on what they feel is right,
or what they think is best for their entire group.  Oftentimes this
isn't what their friends want.  Because of this, I think it is
probably *easier* to be Crown of a large Kingdom than Coronets of a
Principality.  Trust me, its much easier to piss off your friends if
you do something they disagree with than those folks out there who
consider you nothing more than "that person up there in the crown."

Several things Barn and I did while we were Crown drew negative
reactions from many.  I have to say that those who disagreed with us
elsewhere in the kingdom told us so and forgave us fairly quickly.
Those we were closest to us "up here" took far longer (if they ever
forgave us at all).

Kat