NR - A plan

Darin K. Herndon darin-herndon at utulsa.edu
Mon Sep 4 15:48:06 PDT 2000

Tadhg wrote:
>I also agree with your proposal EXCEPT for #4...I do not agree that
>the populace
>at large should dictate the expectations of "war leaders"!
>[Some content snipped]
>I refer back to what Gunhilda wrote a little while ago, "the
>fighting community
>knows what it expects in its leaders". (I hope I didn't butcher that
>too much.)

I'm willing to listen to that.  Although I was referring to all of
the regional positions, not just the heavy weapons' warlord.  I think
there are certain expectations that we would hold whether for the
northern regional bard, archer, warlord, etc.  I fully agree that
there are specifics for each that should come from that community of
interest (artisan's about the regional artisan, etc.).  My original
thought was that the populace should offer input on the common
expectations for any position (for example: that the winner will be
attending two Gulf Wars, one as a lieutenant and the second as the
regional war coordinator).  Much more specific than that would have
to come from the represented community.

Etienne