NR - Principality

Merrik Viltar Har merrikviltarhar at swbell.net
Tue Sep 5 12:21:45 PDT 2000

Baroness Kat:
(((#1)))
> I'm with Tadgh in that most principalities are formed with an eye to
> becoming kingdoms.  This is an eventuality I don't think the state of
> Oklahoma could ever aspire to.

(((#2)))
> I'll probably never support the concept of the North becoming a
> Principality because, though I'm all for getting on the road
> to go places, the idea of our own principality just seems a dead
> end street.  It would also serve to increase the level of beaurocracy
> between us and the Crown which in my mind is never a good thing.

(((#1)))
What I hear, from a Peer of my realm, my region, is you think we aren't good
enough, capable enough... BULLCRAPOLLA!!  (Please understand, I am trying to
be civil, but thinking Northern Ansteorra could "NEVER" aspire to
Principality puts my knickers in a wad, it disturbs my WHA)

(((#2)))
VIVAT!!, Well spoken.  However, I support the concept of evolution.

I want to do for the S.C.A, Ansteorra, Northern Region, Barony, and self.
Again I believe that Ansteorra is TOO big.  If the party is worth coming to,
people from the other side of the world will figure out how to get there, a
whole plane load of Australians journey to Penssic, because the event was
worth it, not be cause it was in some specific kingdom (no slight to the
East, Middle, or Æthelmearc, Pennsic is an experience).  I believe that
Northern Ansteorra CAN throw a better party.  I think Northern Ansteorra CAN
throw one superb hobby.

001 = members willing to accept the status quo.
001 = members willing to build.

Anyone else care to state what is in their heart about giving something to
someone else in order to get something back, about being aware of the
possibility of working together to build something so as to have something
to offer someone else.  For there is no altruistic act, if a region which
has the ability to do great things for others does great things for others,
then it can only be doing great things for itself as well.

Merrik