NR - Regional Identity

Chuck_CTR_Graves at mmacmail.jccbi.gov Chuck_CTR_Graves at mmacmail.jccbi.gov
Tue Sep 5 13:00:11 PDT 2000

Greetings from Tadhg.

Lady Rowan wrote:

As the one who originally posted this observation, I would have to disagree
right back.  I have played here for a solid five years.What I have noticed in
those five years is an overwhelming dominance of Southern addresses attached to
kingdom level offices.  Yes, there have been Northern crowns and a Seneschal and
a Kingdom Chronicler, etc., etc.  Taking just the number of offices credited to
the North listed above and offering the opportunity for all of them to hold
office at exactly the same time, it comes out to roughly 25%.  That still means
roughly 75% of my kingdom's administrative base lives
in Texas.

According to the 1999 population figures maintained by Sir Burke, Texas
constitutes 80% of Ansteorra. I, for one, would expect to see a comparable
proportion of Great Officers at any given time...or to hear of a comparable
number of awards given.

And as for trying to stymie growth, I don't think anyone is trying to do that.
This is a medium for discussion, as Sir Burke suggested earlier, to examine all
sides of the issue, and to discuss them. Disagreeing with an idea will not kill
it--test it, certainly. Sound, timely ideas will always survive.

There is bound to be disagreement on how to proceed...but the topic of
Principality is hardly new. And how we proceed requires not only a great deal of
discussion--both here and wherever we may--but also requires reaching a popular
concensus. The ultimate decision to proceed with  Principality MUST be
demonstrated by polling the Northern populace.

If the populace says "Go", we go; if it says "No", it's no. Right now, I'm
trying to find out what the larger populace wants...

Regards,
Tadhg

ps. added bureaucracy...a full College of Heralds in the North! consultation,
commentary, and education...oh, my!